Thursday, January 14, 2016

Jan 14 and 15- Figurative Language

We worked some more on figurative language in Romeo and Juliet:

Choose 4 of these quotes and do each of these:

1.    Notate where the line comes from.
2.    Write what exactly is meant by the quote.
3.    Create a visual representation of the quote.  I do not want an extravagant, beautiful picture, but I do want the full quote clearly depicted.

Do more for extra credit!

But soft!  What light through yonder window breaks?

Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon

My ears have not yet drunk a hundred words of thy tongue’s uttering, yet I know the sound

With love’s light wings did I o’erperch these walls

There lies more peril in thine eyes than twenty of their swords

I have night’s cloak to hide me from their eyes

It is too rash… like the lightning which doth cease to be ere one can say it lightens

This bud of love, by summer’s ripening breath, may prove a beauteous flower

My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep


Love goes toward love as schoolboys from their books, but love from love toward school with heavy looks

No comments:

Post a Comment