Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December 15 and 16- Notate sheet and I.I. sheet

As we work our way through Romeo and Juliet, we will be doing more worksheets that will help us understand Shakespeare's story. We worked on two worksheets today:

Correctly notate where these lines are from

Page 38
Romeo:  She hath forsworn to love, and in that vow
Do I live dead, that live to tell it now.



Page 68
Tybalt:  Now by the stock and honour of my kin,
To strike him dead I hold it not a sin.



Page 100
Friar Lawrence:  God pardon sin!  Wast thou with Rosaline?
Romeo:  With Rosaline, my ghostly father?  No.
I have forgot that name, and that name’s woe.



Page 124
Nurse: Then hie you hence to Friar Lawrence’ cell.
There stays a husband to make you a wife.



Page 228
Romeo:  The world is not thy friend, nor the world’s law;
The world affords no law to make thee rich;
Then be not poor, but break it, and take this.




Name: ___________________

Write the lines and the name of the character(s) who says them.

I.I.65-66





II.II.2-3







III.I.32-33






III.V.156-157







V.III.313-314


WORKSHEET #2

Name: _______________________

Read I.I.76-153 and answer questions 1-4 in 2-3 sentences each

1. What does the prince think about the Capulets and Montagues?



2. What is the warning the prince gives to the Capulets and Montagues?



3. Describe Benvolio.  What kind of a man is he? Give specific examples.



4. The Montagues are worried about Romeo.  Describe how Romeo is acting.



Now read lines 154-233 and answer the rest of the questions

Why is Romeo sad? Give me a line to prove this.


Romeo says “she’ll not be hit with Cupid’s arrow” What does he mean?


He says some other things right after (204-211). Write down one thing he says and write down what he means.




What is Benvolio’s advice?


How does Romeo respond to Benvolio’s advice?


Do you agree more with Benvolio’s view on love or Romeo’s? Explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment