Thursday, October 1, 2015

October 1 and 2- Who am I questions and Lady or Tiger story

We discussed our upcoming narrative paper that will answer the question "Who am I?"

Students will:

Write a compelling story about a meaningful experience that answers the question "Who Am I?"

Then we:

Wrote how each of the following stories answers the question "Who am I?"

So I Ain't No Good Girl (Girl with abusive boyfriend waiting for the bus)

Beauty Lessons (Girl who thinks she is unattractive watches her aunt take off her makeup)


Coming Attractions (Girl works at a movie theater, prank-calls people and sleeps with her teacher)

Then we:

Now write on one of the following:

So I Ain't No Good Girl - how your insecurities stopped you from being the best you can be

Beauty Lessons- How you realized something about yourself that made you much happier with who you are


Coming Attractions- How a quality of who you are is a result of your family or friends' influence on you

Lastly, we read the short story The Lady or the Tiger. Here's a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment