Friday, May 15, 2015

May 15 and 18-Escape warm-up and snapshot

First we did the following warm-up

WRITING WARMUP

1. what does Steve do to escape
2.  What do people you know do to escape.
3. what do you do to escape

Then we finished our fourth snapshot journal:

SNAPSHOT JOURNAL

Scene from the book:

King curled his lip and narrowed his eyes.  What was he going to do, scare me?  All of a sudden he looked funny.  All the times I had looked at him and wanted to be tough like him, and now I saw him sitting in handcuffs and trying to scare me.  How could he scare me?  I go to bed every night terrified out of my mind.  I have nightmares whenever I close my eyes…I started laughing because it was funny (96-97)
Snapshot (Draw the scene)


Question (Think of a question that this scene raises for you):




Interpret (Why is this scene put in the book?  Does it tell us something about the character?  About the story?):





Reflect (How would you feel?  How would you react?):





Connect (Have you ever been in a situation similar? Have you ever felt similar?):

No comments:

Post a Comment