Thursday, February 12, 2015

February 12 and 13-Final Paper

Today we began our final paper for Night. Here is the worksheet for us to brainstorm and begin writing the paper:

Final project for Night

We will be writing a letter to Elie Wiesel. Connecting our reading and thinking to his experiences.

You may use any of your journals to help you come up with some ideas of what you might want to discuss with him.

Brainstorm 3-5 ideas of what you might want to speak to Elie about.
Think of what he went through, his thoughts while there, while writing the book, individuals who he knew there, thoughts about him now.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

Collect at least 10 ideas total by writing down what other students had.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.





What I’ll be looking for in your writing:

1. I have a specific reason for writing that is explained in the first paragraph.
(A THESIS STATEMENT)

Ex: I am very interested in finding out more about how your relationship with your dad changed because of my own, difficult relationship with my dad.

Write down your reason for writing to Elie:



Now state this as a possible thesis sentence (see the example above)






2. I have at least two specific examples from the book that support my thesis statement.

Write down two examples from the book that could be used to support your thesis.

1.



2.



No comments:

Post a Comment